Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Donner Climbing

During the month of August, I spent a great deal of time climbing around one of my favorite climbing spots, Donner Summit.  I also got to spend time with my wonderful family in my favorite spot in the world, Lake Tahoe!  It was great to relax and enjoy the beauty of such a great place.  It was very interesting going back to climbing after taking such an extended amount of time off.  I found myself getting pumped quickly, yet I was able to do two laps on Peter Principle, a pretty sustained 5.11 crack.  At times it felt like I had never stopped climbing, but in other instances climbing felt hard and foreign.  At any rate, it was fantastic to be back at it.  I loved the burning sensation in my tired forearms, my peeling skin, my raw fingertips, my toes being squished into my climbing shoes, the feel of granite, the smell of the fresh air, the trees, the lakes, my old climbing friends, my silly crag dogs...  After being apart from climbing for so long, it felt so right to wake up each morning and head out to the crag and spend the entire day out there.  I got to check out a new (to me) bouldering area, Castle Peak.  All in all, it was a great time!  After a few weeks, I headed back out to Colorado and met up with Chelsea again.  We got to go on a great hike up to Mohawk lake.  At the end of the month we will be moving to Jackson Hole.  Here are some pictures:

Totem Pile
Donner Lake
Harris and Trevor climbing at Snowshed
Fabien and Heidy!
Heidy getting it done at the Castle Peak Boulders
Fabien crushing
A few scenes as seen from my bike
Star ready for a hike
Crash pads headed to the boulders at Castle Peak
Eric on a cool arete climb
Corbin on a highball warm-up
Puppies!
Me
Eric on a cool V4
Running laps on Midnight Train
The moon rising over Donner
SUPing in the clear blue waters at Sand Harbor
Biking the Tahoe Triangle- Kings Beach to Truckee to Tahoe City to Kings Beach
Back in Colorado!
A lovely hike
Chelsea
One of the many lakes we saw on our hike
Titan getting back into shape
Modeling their packs
Beautiful day
Cheesin' it
The reservoir 

My dinosaur curtains in my car
Chelsea and the pups

1 comment: